Do You & Your Staff Hold The Key To Organizational Skills?
It seems so simple that organizational skills and their importance often get overlooked as a necessary quality of good leadership.
Effective management of organizational details lie in the art of being able to see how everything works together to complete a project. Hone these skills to create a razor sharp team.
“For entrepreneurs, ignorance is not bliss. It’s fatal. It’s costly. And it’s for losers. You either get organized, or get crushed.” – Donald J. Trump
Increasing productivity and remaining relatively stress free requires three BASIC organization skills
- Prioritize – Make a list of everything that needs to be done on a daily basis. Once you have created your list, put them in order of importance. Finally, estimate how much time it will take you to complete each item. The difficulty sets in when assessing a “time-value” to each item, as it is human nature to underestimate the time it takes us to complete a task or project.
- Manage Your Time – While you are assessing “time-values” to your tasks and projects, identify other things that are wasting your time. What can you do to change or eliminate time wasters? Some things may be out of your control, like interruptions from a co-worker or boss, however much of it is in your control if you are able to distinguish the urgent versus the important.
- Eliminate Clutter – It takes time to eliminate clutter, but will save you time in the end. Eliminating clutter will improve your productivity by clearing your mind and surroundings, which in turn will lower stress levels. By keeping your things sorted you will be able to find what you are looking for quickly and easily.
The purpose of this component in Ironstone’s Fundamental 4™ (The Human Element), is the development of individual and team efficiency and effectiveness for the benefit of the business. The evolution of this fundamental revolves around organizational skills, management of teams, refined roles and responsibilities, and accountability for performance. This opens the lines of communication throughout a team to create a positive culture. “Everyone is on the same page” is very simple to understand but in reality, there are many directions and agendas driven by egos, greed, and lack of leadership.
Use our Personal Management Matrix to organize & Execute around your priorities.
We want to hear from you! What tools do you use at your firm to improve time management?
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call our office at 800-917-8020
- Follow us on twitter @ https://twitter.com/#!/AndreaSchlapia
- Join us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IronstoneCommunications
- Connect with us on LinkedIn @ http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=29647364&trk=tab_pro
Follow us as we explore each of Ironstone’s Fundamental 4™!
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development
- Operational Effectiveness
- The Human Element
You won’t want to miss our next in the series: Strategic Planning-Compensation